Dr Walid Rachidi,
17 rue des Martyrs,
38054 Grenoble Cedex,
Stem cells, Skin engineering, 3D models, Bioprinting, Keratinocytes
- Dr Rachidi (41 years old), is a professor at Grenoble Alpes University since September 2006 and Vice Dean at the pharmacy school since January 2016.
- After a PhD training in the Oxidative Stress Laboratory of Prof Alain Favier (1999-2002) and a post-doctoral period in the University College Dublin (UCD) (2002-2003) on the relationship between oxidative stress, neurodegeneration and the therapeutic effects of new family of antioxidants, he moved to the CEA EVRY (Functional Genomics Laboratory, department of Radiobiology and Radiopathology, headed by Xavier Gidrol).
- He used his strong knowledge in the oxidative stress field in order to develop a research work on the effect of ionizing radiation on the epidermal stem cells, using classical and new genomic approaches.
- He was among the first researchers demonstrated the radioresistance and the enhanced DNA repair capacity in epidermal stem cells (stem cell and Radiother Oncol journals).
- Then, he returned to Grenoble as an assistant professor and worked at the "Nucleic Acids Lesions" Laboratory at the CEA Grenoble where he continued his research on the effect of the modulation of DNA repair/damage systems, after several genotoxic stresses (UV, ionizing radiation, pollutants..), on several human pathologies such as skin cancer or neurodegeneration.
- He has more than 40 articles and has a good experience of collaborative work within national and international contracts (7 projects since 2007 including three as coordinator).
- Since October 2012 he received the scientific excellence PES award from Grenoble University, the Volvic research price, the French Medical Research Foundation and several awards from the Lebanese National council for scientific research and the SFERETE society.