Plot 71 Lweza 'A' Mutungo Parish Ssabagabo Makindye, Wakiso District P.O. Box 27573 Kampala, Uganda
Aquatic Ecosystems Management, Climate change adaptation and biodiversity conservation, Agroecological interactions, and environment management
- I am currently the Managing Partner for a research and management consortium specialized in natural resources and environment management and development – the Eccelenzia Consorzio Research and Management (ECRAM) based in Kampala, Uganda.
- I am also currently serving as the Chairperson of the Management Committee for the National Fisheries Resources Research Institute (NaFIRRI) for Uganda and the National Agricultural Research Organization (NARO), where I have been a member since 2009.
- I have previously served as Head of Department of Fisheries (2007 to 2011) and as Head of Aquaculture (2001 – 2008) in the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries in Uganda.
- I started my scientific carrier as a Fisheries Biologist with Uganda Fisheries Research Organization (UFRO, now NaFIRRI) of the Government of Uganda from 1991 to 1993.
- I was then admitted to Ohio State University as a Graduate Research Associate from 1993 to year 2000 attaining an Master of Science and a Doctorate degree in fisheries biosciences.
- I have recently completed an MSc. International Management degree course of the University of Liverpool, UK. I am a dedicated, organized and methodical individual.
- I am an excellent team worker and am keen and very willing to learn and develop new skills.
- I am reliable and dependable and often seek new responsibilities.
- I have an active and dynamic approach to work and getting things done.
- I am determined and decisive.
- I identify and develop opportunities.
- During my career I have managed and I have been involved with several national, regional and international fisheries management, development and scientific projects.
- These have involved planning, management, development, scientific research, and conservation of aquatic resources in general and specifically fisheries.
- I have been involved with training, organizing and facilitating capacity building workshops, policy and legal instrument reviews and updates, and provision of technical services as well as supply and distribution of implements and inputs for fisheries and aquaculture production.
- I also have been deeply and regularly involved with international management of complex multinational projects related to natural resources management and biodiversity, and how these are impacted by agricultural activities.
- I am active research and management expert, and I have been directly involved with management of research institutions both at scientific level and policy levels where I have acquired expertise through training and field experience in Ecosystem Approach to Aquaculture and Fisheries planning, Risk Management in development and management of fisheries.