Street / Luis Doreste Silva 34-4O,
expand my knowledge by collaborating with magazines at international level,
- Dr. Luis Ignacio Vicente del Olmo is currently managing the Return on Innovation Area of Telefonica SA, the telco operator based in Spain with operations in Europe and South America, with a focus on new areas such as 5G, Machine Learning, and Industry 4.0.
- This role includes the leadership of Telefonica Patent Office, the leading Intellectual Property Unit in Spain.
- Dr. del Olmo is a member of preeminent Spanish, European & International Boards related to R&D Management, a Professor at the Master of Digital Science promoted by the European Institute of Technology, and a member of the Board of Telefonica I+D Chile, the main R&D Center of Telefonica in South America.
- Dr. del Olmo has over 25 years of working experience in R&D & innovation management, mainly at Telefonica.
- He is a Senior expert in R&D & Innovation Management and has international experience participating in R&D & Innovation as well as 20 years of experience working with European Commission, MIT, OECD, BEI, BID, among others.
- Dr. del Olmo is an engineer and has a PhD in Physics (with a specialization in Electronics).
- He completed a Master in Analysis and Management of Science & Technology, graduating in Economy of Telecommunications, and has a degree in Industrial Engineering and Innovation Management.
- He is also a specialist in Innovation Economy, and a graduate of European Communities by the Diplomatic School of the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs.