Department of Chemistry,
207, Renfrew Hall, Rayburn Street,
University of Idaho,
Idaho ID-83844, USA.
Chemistry, Organic chemistry, Synthetic chemistry, materials chemistry, polymer chemistry, medicinal chemistry,food chemistry, agricultural chemistry, inorganic chemistry, physical chemistry, bio-organic chemistry andbiochemistry.
Pharmaceutical Industry Experience:
- Senior Chemist: Oct 2002-Nov 2004. GVK Biosciences, Hyderabad, India. Research Topics: Synthesis of bio-active heterocycles for agriculture biotechnology applications (Full time equivalent (FTE) of DuPont).
- Research Associate: Nov 2004-Oct 2005. Sai Advantium Pharma, Hyderabad, India. Research Topics: Synthesis of bio-active heterocycles for medicinal chemistry applications (FTE of Pfizer).
- Venugopal Thottempudi, John P. Maciejewski and Jean M. Shreeve*. 2,5,8 Trichlorotris(triazolo)benzene: An efficient hydrolytically stable, solid hypergolic oxidizer with hydrazines and hypophosphite ionic liquids. Chemistry A European Journal, 2013 (submitted).
- Venugopal Thottempudi, Farhad Forohar, Damon A. Parrish and Jean M. Shreeve*. Tris(triazolo)benzene and its derivatives: High density energetic materials. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 2012, 51, 9881-9885. (Featured article in Chemical & Engineering News, 2012, 90(37), p 9 and Chemistry Views (Wiley-VCH),2012, September 11 (online)).
- Venugopal Thottempudi, and Jean M. Shreeve*. Synthesis of trnitromethyl- and dinitromethyl-substituted azoles using nitrate salts in sulfuric acid. Synthesis, 2012, 44, 253-257
- Venugopal Thottempudi, Haixiang Gao, and Jean M. Shreeve*. Trinitromethyl substituted 5-nitro- or 3-azo-1,2,4-trizoles: Synthesis, characterization, and energetic properties, Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2011, 133, 6464-6471.
- Venugopal Thottempudi, and Jean M. Shreeve* Synthesis and promising properties of a new family of high-density energetic materials of 5-nitro-5-trinitromethyl-1H-1,2,4-triazole and 5,5bis(trinitromethyl)-3,3azo-1H-1,2,4-triazole. Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2011, 133, 19982-19992. (Featured article in Chemical & Engineering News, 2011, November 3rd (online) and Synfacts, 2012, 8(3), p 256).
- Venugopal Thottempudi, Taekeun Kim, Kyoo-Hyun Chung* and Jin Seuk Kim. Synthesis and characterization of some polynitro imidazoles. Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society, 2009, 30, 2152-2154.
- Venugopal Thottempudi, and Kyoo-Hyun Chung*. Niobium (v) chloride catalysed abramov reaction: An efficient protocol for the preparation of hydroxy phosphonates, Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society, 2008, 29, 1781-1783.
- Priya. K, Venugopal Thottempudi, and Anju Chadha*. Pseudomonas cepacia lipase-mediated transesterification reactions of hydrocinnamates. Indian Journal of Biochemistry and Biophysics, 2002, 39, 259-263.