Aleteia Clinical Center,
Via Gramsci n.6 (95021) Acicastello (Catania),
Applied Neuroscience in Psychotherapy, Neuroscience-Based Cognitive therapy, Schizophrenia, Eating Disorders, Alcohol and other substances abuse Disorder, Teaching psychotherapy, The Therapist perosnal analysis.
- Physician, Psychologist, Psychotherapist, he specialised in Psychiatry at the University of Milan.
- He was one of the pioneers in the development of Cognitive Psychotherapy in Italy, publishing his first research in 1976 and obtaining the first Chair, of Cognitive Therapy, at University of Catania, in 1980.
- He teaches this subject both at the ALETEIA School, of which he is the Director (and which was founded by him in 1990) and at the University of Catania, where he is a full researcher and associate professor of Clinical Psychology.
- At the Department of Psychiatry, University of Catania he established and the Unit for Cognitive Therapy
- He has been carrying out and still carries out research and didactic activities in several foreign countries, among which the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, England, Spain, France, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Lithuania, Greece, Serbia, Romania, Poland and Japan..
- He Author of 130 scientific works and several monographs.
- He founded and is the Director, at the Psychiatric Clinic of the University of Catania, of the first Laboratory of Cognitive Psychophysiology and Biofeedback started in Italy.
- He describes this experience in the monograph he wrote, together with Grimaldi "On the Traces of Mind" (Angeli Editore, Milano 1991), which is currently in Italy the reference text on the subject.
- He has been concerned for more than fifteen years about the cognitive approach to the Therapy and Rehabilitation of schizophrenic patients.
- He was the Chair of the Scientific Committee and of the Organising Committee of the first International conference of the International Association for Cognitive Psychotherapy “Cognitive Psychotherapy Towards a New Millennium” to be held in Catania in June 2000 (visit the web site: www.issco.net/iacpcongress2000).
- He has the founder and the Chair of two International Conferences: Volcanic Mind and The Mind in the Clouds held every year in Catania and in Enna (Sicily).
- Actually Tullio Scrimali is participating as supervisor, in Warsaw, Poland, and in Kaunas, Lithuania in some official Trainings in Cognitive Therapy.
- Tullio Scrimali is a founding fellow of the International Academy for Cognitive Therapy.
- During 2001 he is an invited speaker at the World Congress of Behaviour and Cognitive Therapy in Vancouver and at the annual meeting of the European Association for Cognitive Therapy in Istanbul.
- Tullio Scrimali presented in occasion of the EABCT of Prague on September 2003 an invited keynote lecture, a one day workshop and 3 symposia.
- In Kobe, during the World Congress of Behavioural and Cognitive Therapies, held in July 2004, he has been an invited lecturer ad also he held a very successful one day workshop on Schizophrenia (the workshop was overbooked and 46 participant attended).
- During the 2005, 2006 and 2007, 2008 he has already been invited lecturer and workshop leader in Serbia, Sweden, Greece, Brazil, Poland, Spain, Finland and Croatia.
- During 2006 and 2008 he presented as an invited speaker at ALAPCO of Buenos Aires and then of Montevideo.
- In New York during the the ISPS Congress he presented his new booh on schizophrenia and its therapy.
- During 2009 he was invited speaker at the European Congress of Behaviour and Cognitive Therapies (EABCT) in Croatia and he started to be consultant and supervisor of a training of Cognitive Therapy held in Kaunas (Lithuania).