Center for Tobacco Control Research, Department of Social Medicine, Zhejiang University School of Medicine.
Health behavior, mental stress, and tobacco control.
- Tingzhong Yang, MD, Prof and Director of Social Medicine at Zhejiang University, China.
- Dr. Yang is a member of the expert group of National Association on Tobacco Control, and an external faculty affiliate of Injury Control Research, West Virginal University, U.S.
- He also was a advisor for the World Health Organization in delivering policy and program on tobacco control to health professions students, and served as an expert in updating management of CRDs in the WHO Global Action Plan for the Prevention and Control of NCDs 2013-2020.
- His primary academic focus is health behavior, and research interests are in tobacco control, mental stress, and obesity .
- The Series of projects of “tobacco control advocacy capacity” covered all provinces in China, including more than 80 cities.
- In recent years he published more than 50 international papers. Several papers were cited by WHO report on the global tobacco epidemic, and other official documents.
- Core information of “Global Health Professions Student Survey (GHPSS) in Tobacco Control in China “was released by the United Nations.