Department of legal Medicine,
Osaka City University Medical School,
Abeno, Osaka 545-8585, Japan.
1. Forensic pathology
2. Forensic endocrinology
3. Forensic toxicology
- Medico-legal examination of about 4,000 cases including cases of natural death, traffic accidents, assaults, sexual abuse, child abuse, drunk driving accidents, and torture.
- Exhumation of remains and bodies surreptitiously disposed of.
- Collection of trace material in clinical cases and autopsies.
- Practical and research activity: Director. Ishikawa is an expert in forensic pathology and toxicology;
- His primary specialty is in clinical forensic pathology.
- He has participated in medico-legal examination of approximately 4000 cases, including cases of natural death including endocrine metabolic diseases, traffic accidents, assaults, sexual abuse, child abuse, drunk driving accidents, and torture.
- Prof. Ishikawa's current research focuses on forensic endocrinology and pathological evaluation of various stress responses.
- His work includes exhumation of remains and bodies surreptitiously disposed as well as collection of trace materials in clinical cases and autopsies.
- In addition, Prof. Ishikawa currently works as an editorial board member of numerous international forensic/legal medicine and clinical journals.