200 First Street SW
Rochester, MN 55905
I have studied and investigated the pathophysiology mechanisms of neurodegenerative disorders such as Parkinson's and Alzheimer's diseases and of neuropsychological disorders such as Schizophrenia and Depression, in addition to comprehend the role of dopamine in the basal ganglia circuitry and other neural circuits.
- The dorsal hippocampus and dorsolateral striatum play complementary roles in the learning of cue- and spatial-based navigation in the Morris water maze.
- Learning processing in the basal ganglia: A mosaic of broken mirrors. Behavioural.
- Non‐motor Function of the Midbrain Dopaminergic Neurons.
- Functional disconnection of the substantia nigra pars compacta from the pedunculopontine nucleus impairs learning of a conditioned avoidance task.
- The role of nucleus accumbens and dorsolateral striatal D2 receptors in active avoidance conditioning.
- Roles of D1-like dopamine receptors in the nucleus accumbens and dorsolateral striatum in conditioned avoidance responses.
- Both the dorsal hippocampus and the dorsolateral striatum are needed for rat navigation in the Morris water maze.
- The role of the ventrolateral caudoputamen in predatory hunting.
- Involvement of mast cells in a mouse model of postoperative pain.
- Evidence that conditioned avoidance responses are reinforced by positive prediction errors signaled by tonic striatal dopamine.