College of Applied Medical Sciences,
(Ministry of Higher Education, Govt. KSA),
Buraidah - 51452,
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Nutritional Biochemistry; Food toxicology; Vitamin transport; Phosphate and calcium metabolism / transport.
- Free radical biology -oxidative stress and cellular injury.
- Signaling pathway; Cellular transport and pharmacological binding; Alcohol / drug metabolism; Xenobiotic Biotransformation.
- Cell culture studies and cellular assays; Surgery uninephrectomy, cellular growth and hypertrophy.
- Pathological / clinical diagnosis; Clinical Biochemistry; Genetics and molecular markers; General toxicological / carcinogenic evaluation; Anti-cancer drugs activity/ toxicity; Molecular evaluation of toxicity and diseases.
- Drug and vaccine development.
- Endocrinology and metabolism; Hormonal imbalance and diseases (diabetes, obesity, etc.).
- Development of methods and techniques.
- Dr Sivakumar Gowder received his academic training and carried out his research in institutions of high academic ranking in India and US (University of Madras -Chennai, India;
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences -New Delhi, India; UT Southwestern Medical Center -Dallas, TX, US; LSH Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, LA, US and University of Pittsburg School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, US).
- Sivakumar also served as a faculty at the medical universities in the Caribbean.
- Currently, he is working as an Associate Professor at the College of Applied Medical Sciences, Qassim University, KSA.
- Sivakumar has won prizes and awards in different levels of his academic career.
- He has developed his research methods and techniques relevant to his research disciplines and has published several journal articles, and book chapters and edited several books (Cell Interaction, New Insights into Toxicity and Drug Testing, Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Basic Principles and Clinical Significance of Oxidative Stress, etc.).
- Currently, he serves as an author and editor of books;
- Editor in chief of an international journal;
- Editorial member and reviewer for journals;
- Advisory board member of international organizations and external examiner of doctoral thesis work for foreign universities.
- He has been elected as a fellow of prestigious international scientific organizations.
- Sivakumar has also served as an invited speaker and chairperson for international conferences.