University of Padova,
Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences,
- Cell Biology
- Cancer Research
- Advanced Biostatistics
- I am an Associate Professor of General Surgery at the University of Padua and work as a surgeon at the IOV in SC Surgical Oncology.
- I specialized in general surgery in 1998 on campus patavino and between 199 and 2001 I spent two years in the Surgery of the National Cancer Institute of the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda; I then received his doctorate in Surgical Oncology at the University of Padua.
- Throughout my career I have been involved in the surgical treatment of solid tumors with particular regard to melanoma, sarcomas of soft tissues of the trunk, limbs and retroperitoneal, the peritoneal cancer and gastrointestinal cancers.
- I have also dealt with local treatment such as perfuzione locoregional (ILP) and hyperthermic intraperitoneal intraoperative chemotherapy (HIPEC) for the treatment of locally advanced solid tumors.
- I carry out further clinical and translational research in oncology and oncology surgery, especially with regard to melanoma, to soft tissue sarcomas, peritoneal carcinomatosis, the prognostic and predictive biomarkers and the meta-analysis of the data.
- I have published over 160 papers in international peer-reviewed medical journals (total impact factor> 800, total citations> 5000, H-index = 45).