Q-205 National Center for Natural Product Research,
School of Pharmacy, University of Mississippi,
University, USA 38677
Genetics, Microarray, Gene expression, Pharmacogenomics, Chemical genomics, Molecular and cell biology, Regulation of gene expression
- I obtained my Ph.D. in Botany from the University of Lucknow, India, in 2008, and I carried out my thesis work at the Plant Gene Expression Laboratory at the National Botanical Research Institute in Lucknow.
- My Ph.D. work involved isolation and characterization of genes expressed during the process of petal abscission in rose using mRNA Differential Display.
- After completing my Ph.D., I conducted postdoctoral research for one year at the International Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology in New Delhi, India, where I studied the role of calcium signaling and helicases in abiotic stress in plants.
- Since May, 2009, I have been working as a postdoctoral researcher at the National Center for Natural Products Research at the University of Mississippi.
- I am conducting research on a NIH-funded project, focused on identifying the molecular mechanism of action (MOA) of novel natural products using S. cerevisiae as a model organism using a combination of genomic and genetic approaches.