149 13th Street, Room 3.407,
Charlestown, MA 02129, USA.
Histology, Cancer Biology, Angiogenesis.
- I’m from the Department of Anatomy and Developmental biology at Tokyo Women’s Medical University (TWMU) in Tokyo, Japan.
- I graduated from Nippon Dental University in 1999.
- After graduating, I begun to work in the Department of Oral & Maxillofacial surgery at TWMU.
- In 2004, I started a PhD course in the Department of Anatomy and Developmental biology at TWMU, focusing on cancer research.
- I presented my thesis on “Characterization of tumor angiogenesis in B16 melanoma” in 2008.
- My hypothesis is that by treating tumor blood vessels and tumor microenvironment, we can reduce tumor volume and we can stop the metastasis.
- During Ph.D. course, I had this idea and then I read Dr. Rakesh Jain’s paper on “Normalization of tumor vasculature”, so I was greatly influence by this paper.
- Now, I am striving to develop my academic career as an anatomist with expertise in oncology from a morphological aspect at Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School and TWMU.