School of Biotechnology Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences & Technology of Jammu (SKUAST-J), Chatha, Jammu-180009 (J&K), India
Plant Biotechnology, Plant Genetics, Plant Breeding, Marker Assisted Selection
- I completed graduation in undergraduation and post graduation from CSK, Himachal Pradesh Agriculture University, Palampur, India. Having passed out with honour through out my career, and being motivated for research,
- I completed my Ph.D under the able guidance of Prof. P. C. Katoch Chief Scientist (Rice).
- I did my Post Doctorate in Plant Molecular Biology at University of Tennessee, USA during the year 2009-10.
- I was also awarded N. E. Borlaug fellowship during 2014-15 and carried my Post Doctorate at Louisiana State University, USA in functional Genomics.
- I have been deeply involved in molecular genetics research on rice breeding right from my Ph.D. (Rice Genetics & Breeding) till date.
- I have worked in different capacities Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor-cum-Coordinator.
- Presently, I am working as Professor in School of Biotechnology and involved in teaching of UG and PG students.
- I have already guided five M. Sc. and five Ph. D. students.