School of Biological Sciences,
The University of Hong Kong,
- Analysis of antioxidant polyphenols in plant-based foods
- Medicinal plants
- Bioactivities of natural dietary small molecules
- Related molecular mechanisms
- Development of functional foods.
- Dr. Ren-You Gan is a Tenure-Track Assistant Professor in School of Agriculture and Biology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU), Shangghai, China; He received his PhD degree in School of Biological Sciences, The University of Hong Kong (HKU), Hong Kong.
- His research interests mainly focus on bioactivities of natural dietary small molecules and related molecular mechanisms and the development of functional foods.
- He has published more than 30 SCI papers, and currently is the academic editor of Microbiology Research Journal International, and review editor of Frontiers in Nutrition, and edits special issues in Frontiers in Chemistry/Frontiers in Nutrition, and Current Bioactive Compounds.