The main building, Ã…lesund
- water and wastewater treatment in developed and developing countries,
- wastewater reuse/recycling,
- impact of climate change on water infrastructure and health risk modelling in water/wastewater systems.
- With several years of experience in the water and sanitation sector, I have been involved in projects across Europe, Latin America, South East Asia, West Africa East Africa and Southern Africa.
- I have led or acted as a principal investigator in a number of projects funded by the Research Council of Norway (RCN), NORAD, Bill & Mellinda Gates Foundation, United Nations, Google, European Union (EU) and Industry.
- I have consulted for a number of international organisations on water and sanitation related issues including the UN-Habitat.
- In 2015, I was appointed as a technical advisor of the World Health Organisation (WHO) committee on wastewater and microbiology. I am currently the research leader of the Water and Environmental Engineering Group at NTNU in Ålesund.