1724 Massachusetts Ave, NW,
Washington, DC 20036, United States.
Mass Spectrometry, AIDS, Vaccines, Antiviral Research, HIV Vaccine, Pulsed Laser Deposition.
- Raymond S. Niaura, Ph.D., is Associate Director for Science at the Schroeder Institute, and Professor, Department of Health, Behavior and Society in The Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
- Dr. Niaura's research interests lie in studying combined pharmacological and behavioral treatments for smoking cessation, cessation in disadvantaged populations (HIV-AIDS), and familial/genetic influences on lifetime tobacco use trajectories, for which he has received support from NIH, several foundations, and industry.
- Dr. Niaura has published over 270 peer-reviewed papers, received over 60 grants and awards, and has authored numerous book chapters, as well as a book, "The tobacco dependence treatment handbook: A guide to best practices."
- He is Past President of the Society for Research on Nicotine & Tobacco.
- He is a Fellow of the American Psychological Association, the Society for Behavioral Medicine, and the American Academy of Health Behavior.