Nucleic Acids Research Laboratory,
Department of Chemistry,
University of Allahabad,
Antiviral drug development against HIV, HPV and JEV. Development of fluorophores and labelling of DNA/RNA fragments.
- Dr. Ramendra K. Singh, an Associate Professor of Chemistry at the University of Allahabad, India, is Director of the Nucleic Acids Chemistry and Antiviral Research laboratory and is member of several national committees.
- He has several awards/fellowships, like ISCA Young Scientists Award, INSA Visiting Fellowship, UNESCO Fellowship, XVI IUBMB Fellowship, Jawaharlal Nehru Visiting Fellowship, Post-Doc Fellowship, Govt of Japan, INSA International Exchange Fellowship and Fulbright-Nehru Senior Research Fellowship to his credit.
- His research interest lies in computer-aided designing and development of antiviral molecules against HIV, HPV and JEV and developing fluorescent oligonucleotides for use in the field of molecular biology and diagnostics.
- He has about a dozen anti-HIV and half-a-dozen anti-JEV compounds under patent processing.
- Dr. Singh is on editorial board of several international journals and referee to more than a dozen journals.