210 Lee Barton Drive # 602,
- Dr. Rakesh Jain attended medical school at the University of Calcutta in India.
- He then attended graduate school at the University of Texas School of Public Health in Houston, where he was awarded a National Institute/Center for Disease Control Competitive Traineeship.
- His research thesis focused on impact of substance abuse. He graduated from the School of Public Health in 1987 with a Masters of Public Health (MPH) degree.
- After graduate school, Dr. Jain completed a postdoctoral fellowship in Research Psychiatry at the University of Texas Mental Sciences Institute, in Houston.
- He received the National Research Service Award for the support of the postdoctoral fellowship.
- After this, he served a three-year residency in Psychiatry at the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at the University of Texas Medical School at Houston as well as a two-year fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Dr. Jain is currently involved in multiple research projects studying the effects of medications on short-term and long-term treatment of depression, anxiety, pain/mood overlap disorders, and psychosis in adult and child/adolescent populations.
- He is the author of several articles on the issue of mood and pain conditions.
- His research posters have been presented at the APA, ACNP, AACAP, US Psychiatric Congress, among others.
- He has been a co-author on several articles written for peer reviewed journals such as Journal of Psychiatric Research, Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, among others.
- He has presented recently at the World Psychiatric Congress held in Prague, and at the Depression and Pain Forum meetings in Costa Rica, Singapore, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Greece, Brazil, Portugal, United Kingdom, and Argentina.