School of Chemistry,
The University of Sydney.
Unit 21, 18-20,
Medicinal Chemistry, Drug Design, Novel Chemical entities, small molecule inhibitors, chemical probes, CNS, Antibacterials
- Currently I am working as a Postdoctoral Research Scientist at School of Chemistry, University of Sydney. My current research s focused on the synthesis of novel carborane based ligands for Translocator Protein (TSPO) with enhanced blood brain barrier permeability.
- As a Postdoctoral Research Associate with Prof. Paul Groundwater at Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Sydney, Australia, from Nov.2009 to Nov. 2011.
- The research was focused on the synthesis of novel inhibitors of NF-kB targeting the cancer.
- As Postdoctoral Research Associate with Prof. Ad. P. IJzerman, at Leiden/ Amstrerdam Centre for Drug Research (LACDR), Leiden, The Netherlands, from January 2008 to November 2009.
- The research was focused on the synthesis of bivalent ligands for Adenosine A1 receptor, allsoteric inhibitors for Luteinizing Hormone Receptor and the synthesis of novel partial agonists for Nicotinic Acid Receptor.
- At Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Darmstadt University of Technology, Darmstadt, Germany from June 2003- July 2007 under the supervision of Prof. Boris Schmidt towards my doctoral research in medicinal chemistry, more precisely on Alzheimer's disease.
- My doctoral research was focused on the modulation and characterization of AlzheimerÃ‚Â´s disease associated secretase.
- I worked extensively on the synthesis of gamma secretase inhibitors and modulators using Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) as scaffolds.
- I synthesized several NSAIDs derived affinity and photoaffinity labels to isolate and characterize the binding site of secretase modulators on active secretase complex.
- I was also involved in the synthesis of substrate specific (Notch selective) peptidic and nonpeptidic gamma secretase modulators and inhibitors.
- A part of my doctoral research was devoted to the synthesis of curcumin derived inhibitors for Tau and aggregation.
- At National Chung Cheng University, Taiwan as a research scholar from September-2002 to May-2003. I was working there on the solid phase synthesis of tri- and tetra-peptides and preparation solid phase supported reagents such as reagent for Yamaguchi lactonisation.
- Industrial Research Experience:
- I worked as a Senior Chemist (Nov.2000 - Sep.2002) in Reddy's Research Laboratories, Discovery Research Group, Hyderabad, India.
- Dr. Reddys Discovery Research ( www.drreddys.com ) is a leading new drug discovery pharmaceutical R&D organization in India with a number of New Chemical Entities (NCE's) in clinical development and several promising candidates in the pipeline.
- The Metabolic Disorder Research group, which I belonged to was engaged in design and synthesis of novel, selective agonist for PPAR gamma.
- Employed by Top Institute Pharma, Leiden, The Netherlands, as postdoctoral research associate from December 2007 to Nov 2009. Worked towards the synthesis of novel ligands for GPCRs.