11092 Anderson Street,
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery,
3rd Floor, Room 3306,
Loma Linda, CA 92350, United States.
Reconstruction, maxillofacial trauma, Spectroscopy, Optical Coherence Tomography
- Dr. Rahul Tandon is currently the Boyne-Geistlich research fellow at Loma Linda University's department of oral & maxillofacial surgery.
- His current research endeavors include spectroscopic analysis of bone graft osseointegration, analyzing biomechanical properties of intra-oral soft tissue lesions, and evaluating methods to integrate optical technologic advances into the field of head and neck surgery.
- Additionally, he has been awarded several research grants involving animal studies focusing on improving maxillofacial surgery.
- He has extensive experience with research involving non-human primates, canines, and rats.
- He has authored several peer-reviewed manuscripts, given over 15 presentations at several major conferences, and co-authored 5 book chapters on maxillofacial surgical techniques.
- He currently serves as a program committee member for the SPIE Photonics West section on osseous surgery.