Vietnam National Heart Institute, Hanoi Medical University
Quang N. Nguyen
Consultant Interventional Cardiology
Vietnam National Heart Institute, Bach-Mai Hospital
78 Giai-Phong Avenue, Dong-Da District
Interventional Cardiology, Cardiovascular risk factors, Hypertension, Heart Failure, Cardiovascular disease Epidemiology
- A/Prof. Dr. Quang N. NGUYEN, MD, PhD, FASCC, FSCAI Hanoi Medical University –Vietnam National Heart Institute.
- Dr. Quang Ngoc Nguyen has been working as a lecturer at Department of Cardiology, Hanoi Medical University (HMU) as well as a consultant of interventional cardiology at Vietnam National Heart Institute (VNHI).
- He has been head of Coronary Care Unit (C7), VNHI since 2014 and has been appointed as Associate Professor of Cardiology of Hanoi Medical University since 2016 and Vice Head of Department of Cardiology, Hanoi Medical University since 2017.
- Dr. Nguyen got Degree of Doctor of Medicine (HMU, 1997), Certificate of Residency in Cardiology (HMU-VNHI, 2001), Degree of Master in Cardiology (HMU-VNHI 2006), Certificate of Fellow in Interventional Cardiology (National Heart Centre, Singapore, 2004-2005) and Certificate of Doctorate in Epidemiology and Public Health (Umea University, Sweden, 2012).
- Dr. Nguyen has participated in several VNHI clinical trials of Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics (since 2001) as well as in several national epidemiological surveys on hypertension, cardiovascular diseases risk factors, heart failure in community (2002-2005) and community trials on hypertension management in Vietnam (since 2005).
- He has over 120 articles (mostly in Vietnamese Cardiology Review Journal) and few chapters in international books of interventional cardiology.
- He used to be the guest faculty and speaker at national cardiology congress of local countries and international faculty at several interventional cardiology conferences such as AICT, AsiaPCR/SingLive, EuroPCR, TCT, TCT-AP, APAC ….
- His major experience and interest is at Interventional Cardiology (especially Coronary Intervention and Valvuloplasty) and Cardiovascular Epidemiology.
- Member of Executive Board of Vietnamese National Society of Hypertension (since 2006);
- Secretary of Editorial Board, Journal of Vietnamese Cardiology (since 2004),
- Fellow of ASEAN College of Cardiology (since 2008),
- Member of Executive Board of Vietnam National Heart Association (since 2014)
- Vice Secretary General of Vietnam National Heart Association (since 2015)