Biomedical Informatics Institute,
Computer Science Department,
University of Kentucky Lexington,
Research interest includes data science and analytics, data mining, machine learning, image/signal processing, and informatics of biomedicine, healthcare, engineering and others.
- Dr. Qiang Cheng received the BS and MS degrees from the College of Mathematical Science at Peking University, China, and the PhD degree from the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.
- Currently, he is an associate professor at the Biomedical Informatics Institute and the Department of Computer Science at the University of Kentucky.
- He previously worked as a faculty fellow at the Air Force Research Laboratory, Wright-Patterson, OH, and a senior researcher and senior research scientist at Siemens Medical Solutions, Siemens Corporate Research, Siemens Corp., Princeton, NJ.
- His research interests include data science, machine learning, pattern recognition, artificial intelligence, and biomedical informatics.
- He has published about 100 peer-reviewed papers in various premium venues including IEEE TPAMI, TNNLS, TSP, NIPS, CVPR, ICDM, AAAI, ICDE, CIKM, KDD, ACM TIST, and TKDD.
- He has a number of international patents issued or filed with Southern Illinois University Carbondale, IBM T.J. Watson Research Laboratory, and Siemens Medical.