Pedro A. Jose, MD, PhD,
Professor of Medicine and Physiology,
Division of Renal Diseases & Hypertension,
The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences.
- Dr. Konkalmatt is a molecular physiologist with molecular biology background and special expertise in the development and use of adeno-associated viral (AAV) vectors for in vivo gene delivery.
- Dr. Konkalmatt’s research interest deals with the molecular mechanisms by which dopamine receptors and GPR37L1 regulate renal function, blood pressure, and AAV vectors for renal-specific gene delivery and renal-segment specific gene expression and silencing.
- He also developed therapeutic applications of AAV-mediated cardiac-specific gene expression in a mouse model of cardiac ischemia and reperfusion injury, and hind-limb ischemia.
- He has a U.S. patent on the use of AAV vectors for gene delivery.
- He has 30 articles listed in PubMed. One of his publications is the cover of a scientific journal, and another is the subject of an editorial commentary.