University of Maryland School of Medicine,
655 W. Baltimore Street,
Baltimore MD 21201.
- Radiation Oncology
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Brain and Spinal Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Gynecological Cancer
- Normal tissue radiation injury and toxicity
- Dr. Mohindra has received several academic excellence, research and travel awards during his residency including the 2014 Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) Roentgen Resident/Fellow Award for outstanding radiologic research and the 2014 American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) Resident Digital Poster Discussion Award in the Biology category.
- He also served as the Chief resident for the year 2013-14.
- Dr. Mohindra has active involvement in multi-disciplinary collaborative research endeavors including prospective clinical protocols with special emphasis on early phase clinical trials evaluating both radiation sensitizers and radiation toxicity mitigators or evaluation of modern radiation techniques.
- He currently serve as national PI of two NCI-sponsored phase-I clinical trials; one of which was career development project team award evaluating a novel DNA repair pathway inhibitor with whole brain radiotherapy (WBRT) in patients with brain metastases from NSCLC (CIRB and CTEP approved, NCT02589522).
- The other phase-I clinical trial evaluating combination of oral 5-iodo-2-pyrimidinone-2-deoxyribose (IPdR) with WBRT in brain metastases (CTEP approved, CIRB review pending).
- He is also a co-PI for an ongoing phase Iab dose escalation study evaluating the safety and efficacy of neoadjuvant stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) with concomitant capecitabine for resectable pancreatic carcinoma (NCT01918644) and a co-investigator on an ongoing phase II clinical study evaluating the role of pulsed-reduced dose-rate (PRDR) radiation therapy with bevacizumab for recurrent highgrade gliomas (University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, NCT01743950).
- He was also recently appointed as national Radiation Oncology Co-Chair on an Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology Clinical trial (ALLIANCE A041501) that is currently under development.
- Dr. Mohindra is an appointed member of the ACR Radiation Oncology In-Training (TXITTM) Exam committee developing examination questions for residents in radiation oncology.
- He served as an appointed member of committees within the American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) and Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology.