Carson Taylor Hall 145,
PO Box 3167,
Louisiana Tech University,
Ruston, LA 71272, United States.
- Healthy food consumption intention
- Food safety training
- Food safety education
- Dr. Pei Liu is an Assistant Professor in the School of Human Ecology at Louisiana Tech.
- She has been working in the department since September 2012.
- Dr. Liu received her B.S. degree from China, with a major in Food Science and Engineering.
- She graduated from the masters program in Hospitality Management at the University of Houston and earned a PhD in Hospitality Management and Dietetics from Kansas State University.
- Dr. Liu teaches a number of undergraduate courses on campus, including Quantity Foods Field Experience, Advanced Food Science, and Food Systems Management II.
- She also teaches various graduate courses via distance learning, such as Cultural Food Patterns, Microcomputer Applications Professional Practice, and Financial Management in Foodservice Operations.
- Her current research interests include food safety issues in commercial/institutional foodservice establishments, food safety training in foodservice operations, healthy food marketing analysis, and consumer behavior in healthy food selection and consumption.