School of Biosciences,
Sir Martin Evans Building,
- Oxygen sensing
- 2004-present Professor of Physiology, School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, UK
- 2003 to 2004 Professor of Physiology, University of Leeds, UK
- 2000 to 2008 Associate Professor of Medicine (Adjunct), Critical Care Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA
- 2003 to 2003 Reader in Cellular and Molecular Physiology, University of Leeds, UK
- 2002 to 2003 Senior Lecturer, School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Leeds, UK
- 1997 to 2001 Lecturer, Department of Physiology, University of Leeds, UK
- 1997 Human Frontiers Science Programme Fellow, Los Angeles Childrens Hospital Research Institute, USA.
- 1997 Allen and Hanbury’s Research Fellow, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA.
- 1994 to 1997 University Lecturer (Fixed Term), Child Health, University of Dundee, UK
- 1992 to 1997 Honorary Lecturer, Anatomy and Physiology, University of Dundee, UK
- 1991 to 1994 Post-Doctoral Research Assistant, University of Dundee, Department of Child Health
- 1990 to 1991 Post-Doctoral Research Assistant. Physiological Sciences, University of Manchester, UK.
- 1986 to 1987 Graduate Research Assistant, Physiology, London University (KQC).