First Floor, Venkatachala, Kandasamy Nagar,
6th Street, Palavakkam,
Molecular Cell Biology, Ultrastucture (SEM, TEM), Zoology, Biotechnology, aquaculture and fisheries in particular viral and bacterial diseases of culture and catpture fisheries, Parasitology (monogenean parasites of marine fish of South East Coast of South India).
- Prof. P. Ramasamy is former Vice-Chancellor of the Alagappa University, Karaikudi, India, Formerly Chairman, School of Life Sciences, Professor and Head, Dept of Biotechnology, Professor of Zoology, University of Madras, Chennai.
- He was born in 1952 in Alaganampati, a hamlet in Karur district, Tamilnadu, India.
- Dr. Ramasamy has obtained M.Sc and doctoral degree in Zoology from the University of Madras, Post-Doctoral fellow/ Senior Visiting Research Fellow at Queen’s University of Belfast, UK; DBT National Associate at Indian Institue of Science, Bangalore, and Visiting Professor of Yangoon University, Myanmar.
- As a scholar in the subject area, he has made noteworthy academic and research contributions to aquaculture and fisheries in particular viral and bacterial diseases of culture and catpture fisheries and monogenean parasites of marine fish of South East Coast of South India.
- He has taken a patent on a novel anti-viral agent from a plant and a process for the preparation of the said agent.
- He has noteworthy publications in refreed national and international journals.
- Moreover, his publications are extensively and favourably cited in text books, reviews and original research papers.
- His electron micrographs are included in text books and courtesy has been acknowledged.