Kartaltepe Mah. åžanlä Asker Sokak. No: 12 5.
Resuscitation, toxicology/poisoning, pain management, trauma, advancved life support, emergency medicine, injury prevention, procedures
- I was born in Aydin, Turkey, in 1969. I was graduated from Ege University Medical School in 1993.
- In 1994, I started my residency in Dokuz Eylul University Medical School, Department of Emergency Medicine.
- I conducted research on the “Role of end-tidal CO2 monitoring in patients intubated and resuscitated in the emergency department” as my thesis for specialty graduation in 1998.
- I have been working as a faculty member since September 1998 in Dokuz Eylul University Medical School, Dept. of Emergency Medicine.
- I have gained docentship title in October, 2004.
- In the meantime, I completed the Fellowship Program in International Emergency Medicine Pennsylvania State University, Dept. of Emergency Medicine, Hershey, PA in June-August 2005.
- I have served as the chairman of the department in DEU between April 2005 and September 2007. I have been in charge of the ED of Istanbul Bakirkoy Research and Training Hospital for the Turkish Ministry of Health between 2007 and 2009.
- I have served as a faculty member in Ac?badem University Medical School, Dept. of Emergency Medicine in 2009.
- I am a board member of The Emergency Medical Association of Turkey, and also member of The American College of Emergency Physicians, National Association of Trauma and Emergency Surgery, Association of Emergency Physicians, The European Society of Emergency Medicine-EuSEM.
- I have full command of spoken and written English.
- Seventy-two articles of mine were published or accepted in international peer-reviewed journals and 57 in national ones.
- I have contributed in three books and a total of ten chapters, besides one translation. I have given lectures and joined in educational activities in various symposia and seminars.
- I have also contributed in a total of 76 abstract presentations in scientific congresses and meetings.
- I’m serving as a member of The Editorial Board or associate editor of some Turkish journals as well as in The Journal of Trauma and Emergency Surgery, The Journal of Emergency Medicine, Trauma and Acute Care.
- Twenty-two research projects have been conducted as specialty graduation thesis in our department under my supervision so far.
- I have also been serving as a member of the Commission for the Fifth- and sixth-year Medical Students’ Curriculum and the Committee for Active Medical Education.
- I have worked as the associate director of the eight-week training program of ‘Management of Trauma Victims’ embedded in “Task-based learning” sessions in fifth-year pre-graduate medical curriculum.