Professor of Applied Entomology Department of Agriculture, Crop Production and Rural Environment, University of Thessaly, Greece.
- Insect ecology
- pest management.
- Papadopoulos, N. T., B. I. Katsoyannos, J. R. Carey, and N. A. Kouloussis. 2001. Seasonal and annual occurrence of the Mediterranean fruit fly (Diptera: Tephritidae) in northern Greece. Ann. Entomol. Soc. Am. 94: 41-50.
- Papadopoulos, N. T., B. I. Katsoyannos, N. A. Kouloussis, and J. Hendrichs. 2001. Effect of orange peel substances on mating competitiveness of male Ceratitis capitata. Entomol. Exp. Appl. 99: 253-261.
- Papadopoulos N. T., J. R. Carey, B. I. Katsoyannos, N. A. Kouloussis, H. G. Muller and X. Liu. 2002. Supine behavior predicts time-to-death in male Mediterranean fruit flies. Proceedings: Biological Sciences: 1633-1637.
- Papadopoulos, N. T., B. I. Katsoyannos and D, Nestel. 2003. Spatial and temporal patterns of a Ceratitis capitata (Diptera: Tephritidae) adult population in a mixed deciduous fruit orchard in northern Greece. Environmental Entomology 32: 319-326.
- Papadopoulos N. T., B. I. Katsoyannos, N. A. Kouloussis, J. R. Carey, H. G. Muller and Y. Zhang. 2004. High sexual calling rates predict extended life span in male Mediterranean fruit flies. Oecologia 138: 127 - 134.
Professional Experience and Honors:
- 2013 – Academic Editor – PLOS ONE
- 2013 – Associate Editor – Frontiers in Population Dynamics
- 2013 –Council Member, IOBC (International Organization of Biological Control)
- 2013 Consultant – Western Australia, Department of Agriculture and Food
- 2012 – Co-editor for a special issue of the Journal of Applied Entomology
- 2011 –Co-editor for a special issue of the international journal Psyche
- 2011 – OECD (Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development) award to conduct research on fruit fly invasion biology
- 2009 – 2012, Consultant for the Japanese non-profit organization NICCOD (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012).
- 2008 – Co-editor for a special issue of the Journal of Applied Entomology.