Department of Molecular Biology,
Biotechnology and Bioinformatics,CCS
Haryana Agricultural University,
- Awarded National Merit Scholarship, Govt. of India (1972-1976) for B.Sc.
- Awarded HAU merit fellowship during M.Sc. Botany during 1976-1978.
- Awarded Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Govt. of India, JRF(A), JRF(B) and SRF during Ph.D. programme (1979-1983).
- Awarded Rockefeller Foundation, USA, Post- Doctoral Fellowship on rice biotechnology Michigan State University, East Lansing, USA from Oct. 1992-1994.
Awards and Honours:
- Awarded National Merit Scholarship up to Graduation (B.Sc.)
- First in B.Sc Medical in College.
- Haryana Agricultural University Merit Fellowship during M.Sc. programme.
- Department of Atomic Energy Felloships- JRF(A), JRF (B) and SRF (A) during Ph.D. programme in Genetics.
- Awarded Post- Doctoral Fellowship sponsored by the Rockefeller Foundation, USA in Rice Biotechnology.
- First Women Scientist who was nominated by ICAR for Post Doctoral fellowship in Rice Biotechnology and awarded Post Doctoral fellowship by the Rockefeller Foundation USA in ‘ International program on Rice Biotechnology’.
- Commendation certificate from HAUTA, CCS HAU, Hisar for bringing research project on Genetic Improvement of Basmati rice from the Rockefeller Foundation of USA in 1996
- Commendation Certificate from HAUTA, CCS HAU, Hisar for bringing research project on, “Development of Transgenic plants of Chickpea.” from Department of Biotechnology (DBT), N.Delhi. in 1996.
- Advisor award from Monsanto Beachell- Borlaug International Scholar program President (Dr. E.C. Runge)
- Member, IBSC, CSSRI, Karnal and MDU, Rohtak
- Expert, Board of Studies, UIET, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra