C/o : Department of School Education ,
Jammu and Kashmir,
Isolation and study of novel compounds for anticancer, antioxidant and hepatoprotective activity.
- Dr Nayeema Akhter (Ph.D) is a Teacher in School Education Department, Jammu and Kashmir, India.
- She accomplished her Ph.D in Medical Elementology and Toxicolgy from Jamia Hamdard University (India).
- Her interests mainly involve Discovery, Isolation and characterization of bioactive metabolites from the natural sources.
- Exploration of new scaffolds/ novel molecules/ bioactive constituents from endemic plant species is the thrust area of research.
- The isolated constituents are screened for anticancer, antioxidant and hepatoprotective activity to look for any promising bioactive natural product.
- In addition to that she is also interested in Animal cell culture and its application for cell based drug assays.
- Possible mechanism of anticancer, antioxidant and hepatoprotective activity of plant extracts and their bioactive molecules in murine models.
- She has outstanding records of scientific and academic accomplishments, numerous publications in highly prestigious journals and attended many workshops and conferences at both national and international conferences.