SHTM, Level 2, Rm 411, HSC,
Stony Brook University,
Stony Brook, NY 11794-8202, US.
Primary Care, Podiatry and Orthopedic Surgery.
- Nadya Dimitrov, DPM, PAC is Clinical Associate Professor in the Department of PA Education at Stony Brook University. She is also Assistant Director of the PA Post-Professional masters program.
- She teaches and advises students in both this and the entry level PA programs. As a practicing clinician, she is a part-time attending and supervises podiatric residents at the Mount Sinai Beth Israel Medical Center in New York City.
- She has been a full-time faculty member of the PA program for eight years, and has over forty years of combined clinical experience as a PA and podiatrist.
- Her research expertise and publications have been in both clinical (podiatric) and educational (academic) activities, and she has recently participated in research to address oral health issues both stateside and in rural Haiti.
- Her current scholarship is focused on palliative care education in the development of interprofessional graduate level courses to address the clinical and policy aspects of this medical specialty.
- Dr. Dimitrov received her BA from University of Colorado in liberal arts and psychology, earned a BS as a Physician Associate from Stony Brook University, and a Doctor of Podiatric Medicine from the NY College of Podiatric Medicine.
- She is chair of the Education committee of PAs in Hospice and Palliative Medicine in both the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA) and the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine (AAHPM ).