Faculty of Agriculture,
Food Science, Food safety, Biochemistry, Plant Biochemistry, Food Chemistry, Antioxidants, Nutrition, Lipids chemistry, Functional foods.
- Prof. Dr. Mohamed F. R. Hassanien is currently working as a Professor of Biochemistry at Zagazig University (Egypt).
- Prof. Hassanien obtained his Ph.D. (Dr.rer.nat.) in Food Chemistry from Berlin University of Technology (Germany, 2004).
- As post-doctoral researcher, Prof. Hassanien continued his research in ranked universities in different countries such University of Helsinki (Finland), Max-Rubner Institute (Germany), Berlin University of Technology (Germany), and University of Maryland (USA).
- In 2010, he was invited to be visiting Professor (100% research) at King Saud University in Saudi Arabia.
- In 2012, he was invited to be visiting Professor (100% teaching) in School of Biomedicine, Far Eastern Federal University in Vladivostok, Russian Federation.
- Prof. Hassanien published more than 150 papers, reviews in international peer-reviewed journals with high impact factor as well as some books and book chapters (recent h-index is 28).
- He was participated and invited speaker in several international conferences. Since 2003, Prof. Hassanien is a reviewer and editor in many highly-cited international journals.
- Prof. Hassanien received Abdul Hamid Shoman Prize for Young Arab Researcher in Agricultural Sciences (2006), Egyptian State Prize for Encouragement in Agricultural Sciences (2009), European Young Lipid Scientist Award (2009), AU-TWAS Young Scientist National Awards (Egypt) in Basic Sciences, Technology and Innovation (2013), and Atta-ur- Rahman Prize in Chemistry (2014).
- Prof. Hassanien's current research interests are chemistry of bioactive compounds and impact of processing on functionality and properties of food components.