Civil Engineering Research Group, School of Computing, Science and Engineering, The University of Salford, Newton Building, Greater Manchester M5 4WT, UK
- Integrated constructed wetlands
- Sustainable flood retention basins
- Wastewater treatment
- Water resources management
- Miklas Scholz, cand ing, BEng (equiv), PgC, MSc, PhD, CWEM, CEnv, CSci, CEng, FHEA, FIEMA, FCIWEM, FICE, Fellow of IWA, is Prof. in Water Resources Engineering at Lund University, Sweden.
- He also holds the Chair in Civil Engineering at The University of Salford, UK.
- He is the Head of the Civil Engineering Research Group in Salford. Prof. Scholz has shown individual excellence evidenced by world-leading publications, postgraduate supervision and research impact.
- His main research areas in terms of publication output are as follow: treatment wetlands, integrated constructed wetlands (ICW), sustainable flood retention basins (SFRB), permeable pavement systems, decision support systems, ponds and capillary suction time.
- About 48% and 46% of his research is in wastewater treatment and water resources management, respectively.
- The remaining 6% are in capillary processes and water treatment.
- He has published three books and 209 journal articles.