Assistant Professor of Medicine,
Associate Fellowship Program Director,
Assistant Co-Director of the Renal Disease Epidemiology Training Program.
Michelle Estrella, M.D.
1830 E. Monument Street, Suite 416,
Baltimore, MD 21205.
Research and Professional Experience:
My research interests include epidemiological and translational studies focused on kidney disease and its consequences, particularly among HIV-infected individuals. In addition, I am interested in the discovery and utility of renal biomarkers in the context of several kidney diseases and in the epidemiological research of chronic kidney disease and nephrotic syndromes.
1) Kidney disease and its consequences among HIV-infected individuals.
2) Role of genetics in kidney disease.
Awards and Honors:
- 2000 - Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- 2008 - Professional Development Award, National Kidney Foundation – Maryland.
- 2010 - Loan Repayment Program for Health Disparities Research, National Institutes of Health
- 2010 - Career Development Award, TNC-Center for Drug Abuse and AIDS Research
- 2012 - Department of Medicine Junior Faculty Excellence in Clinical Research, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- 2013 - Center for AIDS Research Career Development Award, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine