Via dei Vestini, 31 - Campus Universitario - 66100 Chieti
Psychometricsmeasurement Of Clinical Variables, Such Ad Anxiety, Depression, Rumination, Etc.
- Michela Balsamo obtained her undergraduate degree summa cum laude in Psychology from the Second University of Naples (Italy) in 1999.
- During her post degree internship on psychometrics, she won a three-year PhD position in Psychology at the University of Chieti (Italy) under thesupervision of Prof. Aristide Saggino.
- From 2003 to 2006 her research was focused on the study of the measurement of depression using new psychometric theory (Item Response Theory) (Phd 2006).
- In 2007, following a comparative evaluation, she won a two-year Post-Doc position at the University of Chieti (Italy).
- In 2010 shebecame lecturer in the M-PSI/03 area (Psychometrics) at the University of Chieti.
- She is currently an Aggregate Professor of Psychometrics in the Department of Psychological, Helath and Territorial Sciences at the University of Chieti, where she collaborates with the Psychometrics lab.
- She is also a reviewer for Psychiatric Researchand Comprehensive Psychiatry for studiesregarding measurement of clinical variables.
- She is a member of the Italian Society for the Experimental Psychology (AIP) that aims to promoteempirical studies in this area.
- Annually, Dr. Balsamo actively participates in many national and international conferences.
- She is author and co-author in several national and international journals.