North Carolina State University
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States.
National Research Centre, Dokki, Giza, Egypt
Synthesis, Characterization and Utilization of Metallic Nanoparticles and its Application as Antibacterial Finishing Agent For cellulosic Based Textiles. Studies on Innovative Systems Based on Nano-Sized Carbohydrate Polymer/Metal Nanoparticles and their Applications in Medical and Other Purposes.
- Skilled in Organic Chemistry especially in the Synthesis of Modified polysaccharides and its using to act the dual role (reducing and stabilizing agent) for the preparation of metal and metal oxide nanoparticles.
- Application of the resultant metal and metal oxide nanoparticles as finishing agent for cellulosic based textiles.
- Preparation of crosslinked starch nanoparticles and its application as a carrier for soluble and poor soluble drugs.
- Nanocomposites based on chitosan/silver/clay for durable multi-functional properties of cotton fabrics, Mohamed Rehan, Mehrez E. El-Naggar, H.M. Mashaly, Ralph Wilken, Carbohydrate Polymers (2018), 182, 29–41
- Multifunctional properties of cotton fabrics coated with in situ synthesis of zinc oxide nanoparticles capped with date seed extract, Mehrez E. El-Naggar, S. Shaarawy, A.A. Hebeish’Carbohydrate Polymers (2018), 181, 307-316.
- Green Electrospining of Hydroxypropyl Cellulose Nanofibres for Drug Delivery Applications, Mohamed H. El-Newehy, Mehrez E. El-Naggar, Saleh Alotaiby, Hany El- Hamshary, Meera Moydeen and Salem Al-Deyab, Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (2018), 18, 805–814.
- Biocompatible zinc oxide nanocrystals stabilized via hydroxyethyl cellulose for mitigation of diabetic complications, Hussein, J., El-Banna, M., Razik, T.A., Mehrez E. El-Naggar, International Journal of Biological Macromolecules (2017).
- Bactericidal finishing of loomstate, scoured and bleached cotton fibres via sustainable in-situ synthesis of silver nanoparticles, Mehrez E. El-Naggar, S. Shaarawy, A.A. Hebeish, International Journal of Biological Macromolecules (2017).
- Curdlan cryogels reinforced with cellulose nanofibrils for controlled release, Mehrez E. El-Naggar, Abdelrahman M. Abdelgawad, Anurodh Tripathi, Orlando J. Rojas, Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering (2017), 5, 5754–5761.
- Development of Antimicrobial Medical Cotton Fabrics Using Synthesized Nanoemulsion of Reactive Cyclodextrin Hosted Coconut Oil Inclusion Complex, Mehrez E. El-Naggar, S. Shaarawy, A. El. Shafie, and A. Hebeish, Fibers and Polymers (2017), 18, 8, 1486-149.
- Synthesis of carvacrol-based nanoemulsion for treating neurodegenerative disorders in experimental diabetes, Jihan Hussein, Mona El-Bana, Eman Refaat, Mehrez E. El-Naggar, Journal of Functional Foods (2017), 37, 441-448.
- Effect of Au-dextran NPs as anti-tumor agent against EAC and solid tumor in mice by biochemical evaluations and histopathological investigations, Dalia Medhat, Jihan Hussein, Mehrez E. El-Naggar, Mohamed F. Attia,’Mona Anwar, Yasmine Abdel Latif, Hoda F. Booles, Safaa Morsy, Abdel Razik Farrag, Wagdy K.B. Khalil, Zakaria El-Khayat, Journal of Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy, (2017), 91, 1006–1016 .
- Surface Modification of SiO2 Coated ZnO Nanoparticles for Multifunctional Cotton Fabrics, Mehrez E. El-Naggar, Ahmed G. Hassabo, Amina L. Mohamed, Tharwat I. Shaheen, Journal of colloid and interface science (2017), 498, 413-422.
- Clean and high-throughput production of silver nanoparticles mediated by soy protein via solid state synthesis, Abdelrahman M. Abdelgawad, Mehrez E. El-Naggar, Wael H. Eisa,Orlando J. Rojas, Journal of Cleaner Production, (2017), 144, 501-510.
- Laminating of Chemically Modified silan Based Nanosols for Advanced Functionalization of Cotton Textiles, Amina L Mohamed, Mehrez E El-Naggar, Th I Shaheen, Ahmed G Hassabo, International Journal of Biological Macromolecules (2017), 95, 429–437.
- Fabrication and characterization of bactericidal thiol-chitosan and chitosan iodoacetamide nanofibres, Abdelrahman M. Abdelgawad, Mehrez E. El-Naggar, Samuel M. Hudson, and Orlando J. Rojas, International Journal of Biological Macromolecules (2017), 94,96–105.
- Curdlan in fibers as carriers of tetracycline hydrochloride: Controlled release and antibacterial activity, Mehrez E. El-Naggar, AM Abdelgawad, C Salas, OJ Rojas, Carbohydrate Polymers (2016), 154, 194-203.
- Antidiabetic assessment; in vivo study of gold and core-shell silver-gold nanoparticles on streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats, Th. I. Shaheen, Mehrez E. El-Naggar, Jihan S. Hussein, Mona El-Bana, Enayat Ema.