Responsible of CREAMI Lab University of Naples Federico II Department of Industrial Engineering P.le Tecchio, 80 - 80125 Naples - Italy.
CAD Systems, Additive Manufacturing and Reverse Engineering Techniques in particular in the biomedical field.
- Massimo Martorelli is Associate Professor of Design and Methods of Industrial Engineering at the Department of Industrial Engineering of the School of Engineering of the University of Naples Federico II.
- Currently he teaches in the courses of Geometric Modeling of Free Shapes and Engineering Drawing and Elements of Computer Aided Design.
- He received the Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering in 1997 with marks 110/110 cum laude and Ph.D. degree in Design and Methods of Industrial Engineering in 2002 from the same University.
- For his studies abroad he was in in Nottingham (UK) at Division of Manufacturing Engineering and Operations Management and at Innovative Manufacturing Centre in 1999.
- His research activity covers the area of CAD Systems, Additive Manufacturing and Reverse Engineering Techniques in particular in the biomedical field.
- He is author of over seventy scientific publications on International and National Journals or on International Conference proceedings.
- He is Reviewer for the following International Journals: Computer-Aided Design (Elsevier), Rapid Prototyping Journal (Emerald Group), Dental Materials Journal (Elsevier), International Journal on Interactive Design and Manufacturing (Springer Verlag), 3d Printing and Additive Manufacturing (Mary Ann Liebert, Inc.).
- He is the Scientific Responsible of the Laboratory "CREAMI" (Center of Reverse Engineering and Additive Manufacturing Innovation) of the University of Naples Federico II.
- He is the Scientific Responsible of the research line "Biomechanics and Reverse Engineering" in Joint Lab IDEAS (Interactive Design And Simulation) between University of Naples and Fraunhofer IWU.
- He is an Active Member of the European Society of Biomechanics (ESB).