Portland State University,
The Regional Research Institute for Human Services.
1600 SW 4th Ave, Suite 900
Market Center Building
- Interpersonal Violence awareness and prevention specific to people with disabilities;
- use of audio-computer assisted interviews to both administer clinical interventions and collect data.
- For the past 15 years, I have been either a Principal Investigator, Co-Investigator, or Project Director for 11 research and/or training projects focused on men and women with disabilities.
- These externally funded projects have been funded by federal agencies, including the DOE, DOJ, NIDRR, and CDC, and state agencies, including the Oregon Department of Human Services.
- I have lead training grants geared toward educating disability providers, law enforcement, and domestic violence and sexual assault advocates about abuse and violence towards people with disabilities and Deaf individuals.
- Working closely with male and female survivors with diverse disabilities, I have developed two audio-computer assisted self interviews (ACASIs) abuse-awareness programs: The Safer and Stronger Program for Women with Disabilities and Deaf Women, and The Safer and Stronger Program for Men with Disabilities and Deaf Men.