Faculty of Pharmacology of University of Coimbra Azinhaga of Santa Comba 3000-548 Coimbra Portugal
Microbiology and Parasitology Protozoan human diseases Molecular epidemiology studies of Giardia lamblia infections (giardiasis) Molecular mechanisms involved in the pathogenesis of Giardia lamblia infections Development of vaccines against Giardia lamblia Treatment of giardiasis, leishmaniasis and trypanosomiasis: drug discovery and new targets.
- Graduated in Pharmaceutical Sciences (6 years' degree), Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Coimbra, Portugal.
- Ph.D. in Pharmacy, Microbiology and Parasitology speciality, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Coimbra (FFUC), Portugal.
- Current position Managerial and/or administrative activity Member of the Scientific Council of the Faculty of Pharmacy at UC Member of the Assembly of Representatives of the Faculty of Pharmacy at UC Member of the Pedagogical Council of the Faculty of Pharmacy at UC Co-Coordination of Postgraduate Course in Clinical Analysis Coordination of postgraduate courses.
- Master in Clinical Analysis Research and Development Investigator member of the Center for Neuroscience and Molecular Biology (CNC), Coimbra, Portugal.
- Work experience Teacher in charge and coordination of Parasitology and Parasitological Analysis; Clinical Microbiology; Clinical Mycology; Clinical Parasitology.
- Coordinator of Master thesis Coordinator of Doctoral thesis Funded Projects R&D Unit 61478 of the Foundation for Science and Technology (FCT), Operational Program Science, Technology, Innovation (POCTI) trough European Regional Development Fund (FEDER), Center of Pharmaceutical Studies (CEF) of University of Coimbra (FCT POCI 2010/FEDER).
- Project leader: Maria do Cielo Rodrigues de Sousa.
- Project Title: "Giardia lamblia: molecular epidemiological study and evaluation of new antigiardial agents” and "Therapeutic strategies for leishmaniasis: pharmacological and toxicological characterization of new drugs".
- Publications Author of more than 40 research papers, published in international journals of the specialty on microbiology and infectious diseases: epidemiological, therapeutic and pathogenic aspects of human parasites.