SSD Anatomia e Istologia Patologica
Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli
Centro di Ricerca Codivilla-Putti
via di Barbiano 1/10 - 40136 Bologna (BO)
Bone and soft tissue tumors; bone and soft tissue diseases; joint diseases
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery, with honors.
- Specialization in Anatomic Pathology, with honors.
- Researcher at the University of Brescia from April 2007 to May 2008 (title of the project: "Evaluation and improvement about the pathologic activity in liver diseases").
- Since May 2008 pathologist in the Pathology Department of the Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute in Bologna.
- He has diagnosed more than 15.000 cases of soft tissue and bone pathology.
- He worked under the direction of dr. Marco Alberghini until June 2012.
- He is working with the advice of Prof. Franco Bertoni,
- Dr. Angelo Paolo Dei Tos, dr. Piero Picci, and Prof. Daniel Vanel (consultant radiologist of the Rizzoli Orthopedic Institute).
- Teaching activities: educational training of Italian and foreign visitors who regularly visit the Pathology Department of the Rizzoli Orthopedic Institute; teacher of Anatomic Pathology at the School of Specialization in Rheumatology (University of Bologna).
- Author and co-author of 57 scientific papers on National or International Journals (H-index: 13; i10-index: 15).
- Co-author of the “Atlas of Musculoskeletal Tumors and Tumorlike Lesions - The Rizzoli Case Archive.
- Participation in many courses about Anatomic Pathology and Musculoskeletal Oncology.
- In particular he is co-organizator and speaker in the annual “Joint IOR/MSKCC Course on Musculoskeletal Pathology of the Rizzoli Orthopedic Institute.
- Member of the ISG (Italian Sarcoma Group), of the ISS (International Skeletal Society), and of the EMSOS (European Musculo-Skeletal Oncology Society).