Head and Neck Cancer, Tumor immunology, Regulatory T cells, Adenosine
- Mrs. PD Mandapathil received the highest award for junior scientists for its publication "Generation and Function of p53-specific Adaptive Regulatory T cells".
- This work analyzes the importance of tumor-antigen-specific immunosuppressive cells in the escape of tumor cells from recognition and destruction by the immune system.
- In particular, the role of the tumor suppressor gene p53, which is mutated in the large number of patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck region, is investigated.
- The prize is awarded annually for outstanding scientific achievements in the field of ear, nose and throat medicine as the highest scientific award of the professional society.
- The funding should primarily highlight the personality and role model function of the award winner.