University Hospital Hamburg,
Department of Paediatrics,
Martinistrasse 52, N27 01.088,
Inborn errors of metabolism. Identification of pharmacological chaperones for rare disorders. Screening of small molecules that recue or recover function and stability of misfolded proteins. Combination of in silico, in vitro, and in vivo experiments that lead to optimized hit identification of small molecules targeting milsfolded protein variants for further drug development process.
- Best poster award at the 4th Rare Diseases Summer School, Rare Disease Initiative Zürich (RaDIZ), Zürich, Switzerland. July 2016.
- Sociedade Portuguesa de Doenças Metabólicas (SPDM) Training Grant. June 2016.
- Posdoctoral Fellowship under the Postdoctoral Program from the Bavarian Research Foundation (Bayerischen Forschungsstiftung, BFS) – Research project: Pharmacological Rescue of Misfolded GCDH in Glutaric Aciduria Type 1. February 2016.
- Best Oral Communication award at the Selenium and Selenoproteins in Health and Disease conference, Lisbon, Portugal. April 2015.
- Best Oral Communication award at the Sociedade Portuguesa de Doenças Metabólicas (SPDM) 10 International Symposium, Porto, Portugal. March 2015.
- Best Oral Communication award at the 9th International Conference on Homocysteine and One Carbon Metabolism 2013, Dublin, Ireland, September 2013.
- Short-term fellowship: European Molecular Biology Organization (EMBO) 2014.
- Ph.D. scholarship: Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia grant SFRH/BD/73021/2010.
- Research scholarship: Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia grant PTDC/SAU GMG/68714/2006.