Institute of Geography and Spatial Planning of the University of Lisbon
Mónica Cristina Martins
Center for Geographical Studies of the University of Lisbon Building of the Faculty of Arts,
Alameda da Universidade ,
1600-214 Lisbon , Portugal.
- Ecology, conservation and management of nature and biodiversity, focusing on the flora and vegetation of the Mediterranean Region and the Azores (Macaronesia).
- Currently studying the plant communities of the Portuguese mainland sandy coastline (area between Sines and Lisbon) and the influence of natural and anthropogenic factors in their patterns of occurrence and spatial distribution.
- Develops the PhD thesis entitled "Environmental factors and Mediterranean psamophilic ecosystems of the Portuguese mainland coast".
- Landeiro, C., Martins, M. & Oliveira, M. (2003) - A green cord to the south of Portugal. In WWF-MedPo, ADPM, University of Évora (LCB / UMC), IMAR, In Loco, Associação Vincente and INPECO "Green-Belts Against Desertification". WWFMedPo and ADPM, Mértola. ISBN: 972-97208-6-X.
- Silva, L., Martins, M., Maciel, G. & Moura, M. (2009) - Vascular Flora of the Azores - Priorities in Conservation. Azorean Vascular Flora - Priorities in Conservation. Bilingual. Friends of the Azores Ecological Association & CCPA (co-financed by DRCT - Azores). Ponta Delgada, 120 pp. ISBN: 978-972-8144-28-9.
- Martins, M., Neto, C. & Costa, JC (accepted 2012) "Taux d'endemicity et tendances phytogéographiques de la vegetation de plages et des dunes de sable côtier en Europe occidentale - continental Portugal". Documents Phytosociologiques.
- Neto, C., Martins, M., Gutierres, F. & Costa, JC (accepted 2012) "Bioindicators of erosive dynamics in dune systems of the Portuguese coast". Documents Phytosociologiques.
- Christopher Reyer et al. (in prep.) "A plant's perspective of extremes: Plant and ecosystem responses to changing climatic variability". (Wrap-up / review paper of the 2011 EGU session 2.7 A plant's perspective of extremes). Biogeosciences.
- Martins, MC, Neto, CS & Costa, JC (in press) "The meaning of mainland Portugal beaches and dunes' psammophilic plant communities: the contribution to tourism management and nature conservation". Journal of Coastal Conservation and Management.
- JC Costa, C. Neto, M. Martins & M. Lousã (2011) "Annual dune plant communities in the Southwest coast of Europe", Plant Biosystems - An International Journal Dealing with all Aspects of Plant Biology, 145: sup1, 91- 104.
- JL Martín, P. Cardoso, M. Arechavaleta, PAV Borges, BF Faria, C. Abreu, AF Aguiar, JA Carvalho, AC Costa, RT Cunha, FM Fernandes, R. Gabriel, R. Jardim, C. Lobo, AMF Martins , P. Oliveira, P. Rodrigues, L. Silva, D. Teixeira, IR Amorim, N. Man, B. Martins, M. Martins, E. Mendonça (2010) "Using taxonomically unbiased criteria to prioritize resource allocation for oceanic island species conservation ". Biodiversity and Conservation, 19 (6): 1659-1682. (DOI: 10.1007 / s10531-010-9795-z).