Ospedale di Circolo Fondazione Macchi,
via Guicciardini 10,
Laparoscopic addominal surgery, Single port surgery, NOTES
- Minimally Invasive Surgery Research Center, Department of Surgical and Morphological Sciences, University of Insubria, Varese, Italy
- Prof. Luigi Boni, is the director of the Minimally Invasive Surgery Research Center of the Department of Surgical and Morphological Sciences of the University of Insubria, Varese, Italy.
- Once completed his training in surgical oncology, he focused his interest in minimally invasive surgery moving to Dundee (Scotland) where he worked with Sir Alfred Cuschieri for more than 3 years.
- Back to Italy, he became Associate Professor of Surgery and founded the minimally invasive surgery research center. He published so far more than 170 scientific articles on different topics in peer reviewed journal and more than 15 chapters in surgical book.
- He is in the faculty of several well-known center such as the IRCAD in Strasburg , the Cuschieri Skill Center in Dundee, the European Surgical Institute in Hamburg and many more.
- Member of the Journal and Publications board of the European Association of Endoscopic Surgery and Section Editor for Surgical Endoscopy, Prof. Boni is also pioneer in specific field of laparoscopic surgery such as single port, fluorescence guided surgery, minilaparoscopy as well as TAMIS-TME.
- In this latter field, he was one of the faculties of the first course on Thiel Embalmed Cadaver Course held in at the Cuschieri Skill Center in Dundee in May 2014.