Full Professor in Ophthalmology,
Head of the Ophthalmology Department,
Head of the Center of Excellence, National High-Tech Center (CNAT),
Italian School of Robotic Surgery in Ophthalmology.
- He graduated with honors in Medicine and Surgery at the University "G. d'Annunzio" and specialized with honors in Ophthalmology at the University of Rome "La Sapienza"
- He has completed all the steps of the university career. Internal doctor with welfare functions until 1982
- From 1982 to 1992, University Researcher
- From 1992 to 2000, Associate Professor
- Since 01/06/2000 he is Full Professor of Ophthalmology at the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery of the University "G. d'Annunzio" of Chieti-Pescara.
- National President of the University Ophthalmologists Society (SOU)
- Member of the National Commission for the Prevention of Blindness Italy (Ministry of Health)
- Member of the IAPB National Committee (International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness)
- Member of the Commission of the Ministry of Health for the formulation of the guidelines of Italian Ophthalmology
- Italian Board Member of GEV ANVUR for the evaluation of the quality of Italian research (MUIR)
- Intercollegio Member - National Association of University Professors of the Medical Faculties
- Director of the Ophthalmology Clinic, Center of Excellence in Ophthalmology, University "G. d'Annunzio" of Chieti-Pescara (LR 15/2004)
- Director of the National Center of High Technology, CNAT (Certified by SOI 05/11 // 2012)
- Director of the Faculty of Diseases of the Visual Apparatus of the "G. d'Annunzio" University of Chieti-Pescara.
- Former Director of the School of Specialization in Ophthalmology of the "G. d'Annunzio" University of Chieti-Pescara.
- President of the degree course in Orthoptics and Assistance in Ophthalmology of the University "G. d'Annunzio" of Chieti-Pescara.
- Director of the Italian School of Robotic Surgery in Ophthalmology (Certified by SOI 15/01/2014)
- Professor of the European School for Advanced Studies in Ophthalmology (ESASO), Switzerland
- President National College of Ordinary Professors in Ophthalmology (CONPROSO)
- Italian member of the EuCornea Board
- He has been awarded the title of Master of Ophthalmology SOI, since 2010.
- He was awarded the National Right to Sight Award "the right to sight" World Health Organization (WHO) and Christian Blind Mission (CBM) - 2010
- He was awarded the gold medal for retinal surgery "Premio Coscas", in 2013
- He is the author of over 300 international scientific articles, book chapters and monographs in Ophthalmology.