School of LIFE and Medical Sciences,
College Lane Campus University of Hertfordshire,
AL10 9AB, Hatfield, UK.
Addiction, Drug Abuse, Drug Misuse, Eating Disorders, Food Addiction, Novel Psychoactive Substances, Alcohol Use Disorders, Addictions in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- MD, Psychiatrist, MSc Crim, senior research assistant at Psychopharmacology Drug MISUSE and NPS research unit, University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield, UK
- Dr Laura Orsolini is a physician (graduated at the University of Pavia, Department of Public Health, Experimental and Forensic Medicine – Division of Forensic Sciences, in 2009) and a researcher interested in Novel Psychoactive Substances (NPS), Addiction, Clinical Psychopharmacology, Forensic Psychiatry and Criminology.
- She is also a Psychiatry Resident at the Academic Department of Experimental and Clinical Medicine, Division of Psychiatry. Polytechnic University of Marche, Italy and research fellow in the drug misuse and psychopharmacology research group, coordinated by Professor Fabrizio Schifano, at the University of Hertfordshire, School of Life and Medical Sciences in Hatfield, UK.
- Under the supervision of Professor Fabrizio Schifano, she collaborated to the EU-funded ‘S.O.N. project’, coordinated by the Italian Department for Anti-drug Policies (DPA), for the promotion and dissemination of a Family Internet Security software application, regarding the access to drug selling websites.
- She is also active member of the EFPT (European Federation of Psychiatric Trainees) working group on Psychoactive Substance Use Disorders.
- Her main research topics include the study of the most recent NPS and legal highs, the deep web, the e-Psychonauts, the online drug marketplaces and the cyber-communities related to NPS.