Department of Biotechnology,
Periyar Maniammai University.
- Identification and Evaluation of Biomarkers for early diagnosis of Diabetes,Cardio and Kidney diseases.
- Clinical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- I am pleased to introduce myself as Dr.R.Kumaresan, Assistant Professor in Biotechnology, Periyar Maniammai University, Vallam, Thanjavur, Tamilnadu. It is stated that history is a record of events of the past in a country or a state or a race or at least an individual.
- My history starts from a typical Indian village Kaarugudi of Tiruchirappalli District. Born to an average orthodox parent of traditional south Indian family, I had my education in and around Tiruchirappalli.
- My under graduation, Post graduation are in the field of Biochemistry and my doctoral degree also belongs to the same field.
- Having worked as Lecturer in Biotechnology and Research assistant, I am now engaged in teaching M.Sc Clinical Research students in Periyar Maniammai University, Vallam, Thanjavur.
- I have to my credit eight research publications in national and international publications and few papers are going to be published in reputed journals. Apart from these, I have presented more than twelve research papers in the international and national level medical conferences and among these, two papers received best paper award.
- I have an appetite for research and acquiring knowledge. My aptitude for clinical research, especially for identification and evaluation of biomarkers for early detection of kidney as well as cardio-renal diseases in nephrology field is well appreciated and encouraged by many conference chairs, senior doctors and my seniors. Desire, determination and dedication are keys to success in any field.
- I have greater fascination towards the three D's.
- Scientific advancement is an essential ingredient of social revolution. It must be a stimulant to the speedy and healthy phases of progress.
- It is science alone that can make societies an abode of comforts and conveniences for its members by removing all the obstacles and barriers that tend to arrest the social development of man.
- Having the above facts in my mind, I will devote and dedicate myself to the promotion of scientific temper in the society.