- Software and systems engineering (requirements, architecture) from component-based and model-based perspectives, and engineering education.
- She uses serious games to explore fundamental issues in developing complex, large-scale software intensive systems including semi-automated, architecture driven code generation, goal analysis in adaptable systems, and predicting emergent behavior in systems of systems.
- National Science and Engineering Research Council, Graduate Scholarship, awarded.
- Simons Foundation Scholarship, awarded.
- British Columbia Advanced Science Institute, Graduate Recruitment Scholarship, awarded.
- Center for Integrated Computer Science Research Top-up Award, awarded.
- Killam Pre-doctoral Fellowship, awarded.