Public Health Foundation of India,
Indian Institute of Public Health Gandhinagar (IIPHG),
Sardar Patel Institute Campus, Drive-In Road, Thaltej,
Ahmedabad- 380 054, Gujarat, India.
- Maternal and infant nutrition
- Supplement Intakes
- Dietary intake
- Nutritional status
- Dr Kavitha Menon is a Nestle Research Fellow in the Department of Human Nutrition at the University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand.
- She received Ph.D. in Human nutrition from the same university in 2010.
- Her doctoral research investigated the micronutrient status of young reproductive age Indian women and implications of iodine and iron deficiencies on the neonatal growth and neurobehavioural development.
- After her Ph.D., she served the Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia as a Senior Lecturer, and her research investigated trace element and thyroid status of young reproductive age Malaysian women.
- She has actively collaborated with researchers in areas of iron and iodine nutrition during this time. Her research interests include iodine and iron status of populations, iron and inflammation, and maternal and infant nutrition.